Sunday, May 1, 2011

Feeding the Husband

My husband loves eggs.  His old roommate once told me that my husband could eat eggs everyday if he wanted to. Now he doesn't eat them very often because of me.  Sometimes he buys them and he will hard boil them as a snack or part of dinner.

Tonight he wanted some of the eggs.  So we had burrito night. We had pinto beans, brown rice, whole wheat tortillas, and scrambled eggs.  He had a breakfast burrito while I had a bean and cheese burrito.

I cook dinner most nights of the week.  Since my night classes ended I make dinner a lot more than I used to.  I have always avoided making separate meals for the two of us.  A big factor in why I am not a vegetarian is because I didn't want to cook separate meals.  Since my decision to completely cut eggs out of my diet I have made separate meals a few times.  It is not nearly as big of a hassle as I once thought.  Sure there are extra dishes, but the whole process isn't as big of a pain as I had feared.  Usually only the main dish is different, so it's pretty easy to work with.

Maybe I should consider becoming a vegetarian again after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment